• International Customers: Please note possible postal service delays depending on your location at this time. • Free shipping worldwide on all orders over $250 USD. • 1184 Valencia Street is now open by appointment only.
We are pleased to present Tanuki's new AHT Shoai "ARASHI" AIZOME Hand-Dyed 18oz Selvedge High Tapered Jeans. This is one of the slubbiest and most textured denim ever produced. The ARASHI fabric from Tanuki is their first AIZOME fabric. Aizome is an unrivaled Japanese dyeing method where the slub yarn is individually selected and dipped in natural indigo by hand. The color pallete achieved is a thing of beauty, a very light, yet deep blue. This is Tanuki's most limited fabric, production is slow and there are only a handful of Japanese craftsmen able to dye this fabric. No other denim requires this much manual labor. After the warp is dyed, the yarns are woven with ultra-low tension to pronounce even more texture. The result reminded Tanuki of a rising tempest, so they named it ARASHI which means storm.
• 18oz Unsanforized Selvedge Denim - One Washed
• Natural Indigo Dyed in Tokushima
• Aizome Indigo Hand-Dyeing Method
• Deerskin Leather Patch with Ni logo, TNK Inc. hardware, Ni logo stich on back pocket, reinforced back pockets, herringbone twill pocket bags